Issue 14 of Sew Now will be in shops from Thursday October 19th – lucky subscribers will get their hands on this issue over the next few days, so keep an eye out for your postie!
Get ready for Christmas with this issue, which is full to the brim with stylish festive projects for your wardrobe and home. You can download all of the free pattern templates here now –
McCall’s 9-in-1 Mix and Match sewing pattern
Your free McCall’s 9-in-1 dress pattern lets you be your own dress designer with interchangeable bodices and skirts, to create your perfect party outfit.
This is such a versatile pattern, just look at all the different dresses you can make!
For more casual autumn days, try sewing your version of the kimono jacket featured in this issue.
We also think your going to love this Liberty scalloped edge top, both this and the Kimono Jacket are quick beginner-friendly projects.
Whoever you’re sewing for this Christmas, we’ve got lots of gift ideas from a fancy flamingo toy for little ones to a tweed wallet for the man in your life. Of course we also have lots of festive homewares, including a sparkle stocking, felt decorations and Scandi mitten garland.
Now is the time to start sewing up some pretty handmade decorations for Christmas, some great projects you can sew up in front of a roaring fire (or just something good on the telly!)
These DIY Christmas jumpers will bring a smile to their faces, perfect for fun Christmas day pics!
We also have loads of handmade gift inspiration for you this month!
What else can you find inside this bumper festive issue…
- Liberty scalloped-edge top
- Get ahead for Christmas jumper day with our kids’ Christmas tree jumpers
- Angeline Murphy tells us how to get the best from evening fabrics
- Easy wrap-around kimono jacket
- Step-by-step guides to help you sew your free pattern, including sewing bodices and working with lace
- Sew a gadget cover with upcycled denim
- Meet silk scarf designer Karen Mabon and learn about her inspiration
- Brighten up your fireplace with a sparkle stocking
- Craft with the kids and make festive felt decorations
- Make a man smile and sew a tweed wallet
- Sew our fancy flamingo in a night
- Get a little Scandi style and make a pretty mitten garland
- Jamie Kemp’s guide to mending pockets